WHY JOIN KAOS?
KAOS was set up by artists for artists. We hold regular exhibitions, social events and Open Studios designed to network, raise our profile and sell our work. Membership costs £30 per year.
All artists and makers joining KAOS will benefit from the following:
* Members will be featured on the KAOS website with an image and description of their work, contact details and links to their own websites
Members are invited to take part in our annual OPEN STUDIOS weekends in June each year, either in their own studio or sharing in a group.
* Members may apply to take part in KAOS exhibitions and events subject to hanging fees (all exhibitors will be required to help organise and man exhibitions when necessary).
* Members will be able to network with other artists and makers in Kingston either at our regular social events or though our website and facebook page.
* Members will be helping to raise the profile of art and craft in Kingston upon Thames.
* Members will receive 20% off Art Web.com websites and discounts from local picture framers.
* Members will be able to hire out the credit and debit card machine which belongs to KAOS when they are selling their work at other events. The machine is also available at all KAOS events.
What does KAOS want from you in return?
* Contribute to the organisation and promotion of KAOS events, including door to door leafleting before each event you are taking part in.
* Help man exhibitions on a rota to fit in with your other commitments. This normally only requires a few hours from each of us and is also usually good fun.
So how can you join KAOS?
Annual membership only costs £35 and is renewable in January. This charge is intended to cover the costs of setting up and maintaining the website, organising and publicising KAOS events. (NB KAOS is run by a committee of volunteers who are all practicing artists and makers who give up their time free of charge). If you would like to join please send us a couple of images of your work.
Please contact Caroline Calascione, KAOS Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
for an application form and address.
The Kingston Artists’ Open Studios Committee